‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ storms box office

Back to Article
Back to Article

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Jacob McLain, Entertainment Editor

After the third X-Men, the series has gone off on a tangent, following Wolverine’s storyline and the beginning of the X-Men, but X-Men: Days of Future Past brings the fans back to the real X-Men storyline. There are three things that make this a truly great movie–a great storyline, the acting and the mutants.

In the future, the humans are at war with mutants, and now have robots called Sentinels who are set to hunt mutants and are almost impossible to defeat. The mutants are almost extinct, the world is in chaos over the war, and there is only one hope: Wolverine (of course Wolverine is the last hope for humanity, he always is). Kitty Pryde has the power to send people’s consciousness back into their former selves, and she sends Wolverine back to end the war before it ever begins.

The acting in this movie is amazing because of the cast. This movie features great actors such as Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, and Hugh Jackman from previous X-Men movies. This movie also has James McAvoy as the young Charles Xavier, and Michael Fassbender as the young Magneto or Erik Lehnsherr, who both pull off their roles very well.

This movie brings back a lot of the old mutants, such as Storm, Kitty Pryde, and Mystique, but this movie brings in some new ones, too. Quicksilver is a brand new mutant who has the power to move incredibly fast and is recruited by young professor X to pull off a mission. Another new mutant is Bishop, who has the power to absorb energy and release it in kinetic blasts.

Overall, this movie is very good with only one downside- not enough action scenes. Wolverine’s mission into the past requires him to do very little fighting and a lot of talking. The fight scenes in the movie are very good, but there are not enough of them.

This movie is a must see for any Marvel or X-Men fan. This movie receives a rating of 4 out of 5 for great acting and storyline, but not enough action.

• Tomatalk Show

The Tomatalk Show

• ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ storms box office

2019

Perfect Prom assembly

2019

All eyes on us

News

News bits locally and from around the globe

• Arts & Entertainment

Deadly Challenges

• 2019

Shazam Movie

• 2019

Looking back at the boys soccer team

• Arts & Entertainment

Photography as an art definitely lives at our school

• 2019

Kamiakin FFA scores big at metal art contest

Arts & Entertainment

Aquaman: Review