The Trans-Siberian Orchestra Amazes Once Again

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra enchants the audience with it's wonderful performance.

Emily Baer

Emily Baer

Emily Baer

Emily Baer, Staff Reporter

We’ve all experienced the chill a good performance can bring, and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra takes that feeling to a whole new level. These musicians are passionate about what they do, and that passion seeps through their music so that you can’t help but share that passion, even if only for a moment.
On Friday, Nov. 21, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra performed their Christmas show in Spokane, Wash. This being just one stop in their 2014 winter tour, this group of talented individuals performed their live debut of ‘The Christmas Attic.’ Narrated by Phillip Brandon, this story is one that truly inspires the Christmas spirit.
This is the tale of a child whose belief in Christmas is shaken. It’s Christmas Eve, and she can’t sleep, the doubt preventing her from journeying to the land of dreams, so she goes into the attic and discovers a very old trunk. In this trunk there are multiple letters, a music box with a key, and a couple of other objects. This young girl pulls out the objects placed in this aged trunk and reads each of the letters.
The stories of these letters are told through music. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra weaves the different notes of their instruments and, on occasion, voices to bring inspiration into each audience member’s heart. The letters are from the past, and the girl discovers that the woman who had once lived in this house, who is now her next door neighbor, had been separated from the man she loved. The two were both miserable, and this young girl resolves that she needs to call these long lost lovers, and in the end they’re reunited.
The young girl is comforted by the night’s events, and she went to bed as a child who still believed. The atmosphere this story was created as the storyteller, Phillip Brandon, and the band members used their power in music and speech to deliver a message. “That the light that had reached our lives from that distant Christmas star would make us, if not perfect, then perhaps better than who we are,” said Phillip Brandon.
The words and music the Trans-Siberian Orchestra delivered were inspiring, touching, and overall a wonderful performance to witness. Christmas is a time of believing, and this wonderful group truly brought the spirit of Christmas into the arena.

• Tomatalk Show

The Tomatalk Show

• The Trans-Siberian Orchestra Amazes Once Again

2019

Perfect Prom assembly

2019

All eyes on us

News

News bits locally and from around the globe

• Arts & Entertainment

Deadly Challenges

• 2019

Shazam Movie

• 2019

Looking back at the boys soccer team

• Arts & Entertainment

Photography as an art definitely lives at our school

• 2019

Kamiakin FFA scores big at metal art contest

Arts & Entertainment

Aquaman: Review