‘Rogue One’: the untold ‘Star Wars’ story

'Rogue One' movie poster.

Courtesy of en.wikipedia.org

'Rogue One' movie poster.

Taylor Hunzeker, Editor-in-Chief

‘Rogue One’ became a largely anticipated movie when the first trailer came out on April 16. As of Jan. 3, the movie has grossed $447.1 million in the United States and Canada, while also having an approval rating of 85% based on 325 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes. This makes it the seventh highest-grossing film in 2016.

The movie tells of an untold story behind the making of the Death Star and how the Rebellion got a hold of the ship’s plans. Main characters include Jyn Erso, played by Felicity Jones, and Cassian Andor, played by Diego Luna, with other characters like 2-KSO played by Alan Tudyk, Chirrut Îmwe played by Donnie Yen, and Blaze Malbus played by Wen Jiang. These new characters to the ‘Star Wars’ share the screen with existing characters from previous movies such as Darth Vader, voiced by James Earl Jones, and Mon Mothma, played by Genevieve O’Reilly. With these characters together, an unbelievable story is told with great fighting scenes, broken hearts, loss, and amazing determination from the Rogue One team.

When Jyn is captured by the Rebels, she is pushed into a important mission to retrieve her father, the main scientist and maker of the Death Star. This is the mission she is told, but secrets lie around her as she finds out that Cassian was ordered to assassinate him. New secrets are revealed from her step-father and cities are destroyed as they search. With bad things rising, a small group of rebels form the secret Rogue One team, and disobey their orders to instead go and find the Death Star plans so the Rebels can put a stop to the killing machine.

The Rebels find out about the group and what they are doing and join in the fight, creating a major battle of good vs. evil. Once the team sends the Death Star plans back to the Rebels, Rogue One finds themselves in a bad situation, with no way off the planet. With the evil defeated and the Death Star targeting them, the team fights their final battle.

With nice character development, new places, and laughter filled scenes, ‘Rogue One’ became a hit in the movie theater. It may be confusing with its classification, being a sequel to the prequels and also being a prequel to the original ‘Star Wars’. ‘Rogue One’ became part of the loved series and part of the magnificent story of good vs. evil in a galaxy far far away.

• Tomatalk Show

The Tomatalk Show

• ‘Rogue One’: the untold ‘Star Wars’ story

2019

Perfect Prom assembly

2019

All eyes on us

News

News bits locally and from around the globe

• Arts & Entertainment

Deadly Challenges

• 2019

Shazam Movie

• 2019

Looking back at the boys soccer team

• Arts & Entertainment

Photography as an art definitely lives at our school

• 2019

Kamiakin FFA scores big at metal art contest

Arts & Entertainment

Aquaman: Review