‘Stranger Things’ season 2 promo turns world upside down

The+promo+image+for+%27Stranger+Things%27+season+two.+
The promo image for 'Stranger Things' season two.

The Independent

The Independent

Emily Cox, Guest Reporter

A Netflix original series has taken the world and turned it upside down in the Duffer Bros’ Netflix TV show known as ‘Stranger Things’. The show is set in 1983 in Hawkins, Indiana where strange things seem to be happening. The show features many protagonists including Will Byers, played by Noah Schnapp, and his friends Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, and Dustin Henderson, played by Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo.

Once Will disappears his friends decide to take matters in their own hands and find their lost friend, but instead find more mysteries and questions that run deeper than they could imagine, including government secrets, monsters, and the supernatural and it all starts with one very strange girl named Eleven, played by Millie Bobby Brown.

Other amazing actors and actresses also played a part in “Stranger things” including Winona Ryder, who plays Joyce Byers (Will’s mother), David Harbour, who plays Sheriff Jim Hopper, Natalia Dyer, who plays Nancy Wheeler (Mike’s sister), and Charlie Heaton, who plays Jonathan Byers (Will’s brother).

Since the show is set in 1983 the wardrobe reflects that to a tee matching the environment and the feel in a time where the 1980’s is resurrected and brought forth through the show. Matt Duffer, and Ross Duffer also known as the Duffer Bros’, bring all of this to the table, and present an amazing description of the 80’s that will transport you back in time. From the clothes to the overall feel of the picture it will take your breath away no matter how many times you watch it. You won’t be able to deny rooting for this underdog group of kids as they set out to find their friend Will on their adventurous journey.

Rotten Tomatoes deems it, “This show is simply great. Easily the biggest and best Netflix TV Show ever made, ‘Stranger Things’ is so brilliant, bold, and well strange that it has and will continue to make waves in pop culture,” as well as giving the 1980s throwback a 95 percent overall audience score.

IMDb author says “With its amazing 80s atmosphere and creepy X-files meets E.T feel this show is set to impress. Within its first 8 minutes of run time I could tell I had found something special here in Stranger Things.”

Not only did ‘Stranger Things’ receive high reviews, it recently was awarded the SAG Award at the Screen Actors Guild Awards for outstanding performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series, making the actors Millie Bobby Brown, Noah Schnapp, Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, and Gaten Matarazzo, the youngest recipients’ ever to receive the SAG Awards.

‘Stranger Things’ has already announced that season two will be released on Halloween, 2017, and during the Superbowl, a commercial gave a sneak peak into that season. If you haven’t checked out this Netflix original series, then do so and prepare with all of us for the upcoming season two, you won’t regret it.