‘Breath of the Wild’ providing a stimulating gaming experience

%27The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Breath+of+the+Wild%27+game+poster.+
'The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild' game poster.

Nintendoblast.com.br

Nintendoblast.com.br

Madison Morgan, Editor-in-Chief

The 19th game in the Legend of Zelda series, Nintendo’s ‘The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’, was released March 3. Fans immediately reacted positively, and the game received high appraisal.

“No matter its faults, ‘The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’ is a masterpiece. It is not a flawless gem, but it remains so brilliant as to stand head and shoulders above most of the best games of the decade, let alone the year,” said Nate Church from Breitbart Magazine.

‘Breath of the Wild’ features main character Link in his efforts to defeat antagonist Calamity Ganon. It strays away from common features found in a typical Zelda game. One of the most popular new features was the open world environment, which was accompanied with high-definition visuals.

“The game situates itself in a post-post-apocalypse: Hyrule was destroyed a century ago, and all that’s left are small villages and ruins overgrown with greenery. Nature has conquered medievalism. Through its pastoral beauty, the hugeness of ‘Breath of the Wild’ becomes strangely calming,” said Kevin Nguyen of GQ Magazine.

‘Breath of the Wild’ opens with an amnestic Link, who after an unspecified amount of time wakes dazed and confused in Hyrule’s Shrine of Resurrection. It is later revealed through character dialogue and flashbacks that Link, the prophesized hero of time, was recuperating for 100 years after attempting to defeat villain Calamity Ganon and save the Hyrule of the past. Link, badly injured, was taken to the Shrine of Resurrection by order of Princess Zelda in an attempt to save him. In the century since, Zelda has been keeping Ganon at bay inside Hyrule Castle. Link must embark on a quest to regain his memories and defeat Ganon and rescue the princess.

“One of the best things ‘Breath of the Wild’ does is that it sets its adventure a century after another, sadder story, one that you and all your friends lost, one that explains why the world looks the way it does, with people living in secluded villages far from the ruins of what must have been a grand kingdom,” said Joshua Rivera of GQ Magazine.

For Legend of Zelda fans, Breath of the Wild provides one of the Zelda games Nintendo has created. It is an adventure, a tragedy, and a heartwarming story about the beloved characters Nintendo has spent more than thirty years creating.