Broadway shows create a big city experience without having to travel far

Alison Fellman, Entertainment Editor

In the upcoming months, five exciting and acclaimed Broadway productions will be coming to the Tri-Cities area. All five, which include ‘Finding Neverland’, ‘Stomp’, ‘Kinky Boots’, ‘Chicago’, and ‘Jersey Boys’ will be performing at the Toyota Center in Kennewick. Tickets can be purchased at the Toyota Center box office or online at Ticketmaster, as well as other sites where tickets are sold.

‘Finding Neverland,’ directed by Tony winner Diane Paulus, follows the life of novelist J.M. Barrie as he struggles to find inspiration for his writing. Once he meets the four young sons of a beautiful and caring widow, he becomes reacquainted with the magic and wonderment of childhood, which leads him to write a children’s play and several stories about the beloved children’s character ‘Peter Pan.’ The runtime is two hours and thirty minutes, with one fifteen minute intermission  and is recommended for ages 7 and up. It is playing at the Toyota Center on Nov. 4.

‘Stomp,’ the wordless, high-energy show that finds a way to make music using only household and industrial objects, is coming to the Toyota Center on Jan. 30, 2019. Its runtime is one hour and forty-five minutes with no intermission, and is recommended for ages 4 and up.

In Tony-winning ‘Kinky Boots,’ the music and lyrics are by pop icon Cindy Lauper, and its story follows a son who has inherited a shoe factory from his father, and teams up with a cabaret performer to create a line of high-heeled boots to save the factory from going out of business. It has a runtime of two hours and twenty minutes, with one 15 minute intermission, and is recommended for ages 10 and up.  It is playing March 1, 2019 at the Toyota Center.

One of longest-running shows on Broadway, ‘Chicago,’ tells the story of two night-club performers who find themselves in the same prison block for murder, and they become consumed with achieving fame by any means necessary. Its runtime is two hours and thirty minutes, including a 15 minute intermission, and is recommended for ages 1 and up. It is playing on April 8, 2019 at the Toyota Center.

The Tony-award winning ‘Jersey Boys’ explores the careers of Frankie Vallie and The Four Seasons, from their rise to fame and through the ups and downs. It’s runtime is two hours and fourteen minutes, and is recommended for ages 15 and up. It is playing on June 4, 2019 at the Toyota Center.

Tickets can be purchased at the Toyota Center box office or online at Ticketmaster, as well as other sites where tickets are sold.