Romantic movies that won’t disappoint

Imogen Santoyo, Staff Reporter

Romantic movies are one thing that creates hope in people’s minds for true love. True love is what many people crave in life, and maybe some of us have found that special someone. Even if we haven’t yet, one way to get through Valentine’s Day is to watch romantic movies and dream. Here are some suggestions.
One of my favorite movies is ‘Up.’ This movie is both entertaining and mournful. In it, an old man and his wife Ellie share a childhood dream to visit exotic Paradise Falls in South America. After Ellie dies, Carl decides to fulfill the dream anyway. He unloads hundreds of balloons to fly his house to Paradise Falls. Even though this movie is 10 years old now, it is still really special because it shows how enduring true love can be. It is rated PG.

My other favorite movie is ‘The Notebook.’ This movie is from the World War II period. It tells the love story between Noah Calhoun and Allie, whose parents don’t approve of their relationship. Eventually, Noah goes off to serve in World War II, and it puts an end to their love affair for a while. Allie even ends up marrying someone else. But when Noah returns years later, their love is rekindled. They marry, and Noah remains faithful to the bittersweet end, when they are both very old. This classic is rated PG-13.

Other popular movies for this time of year include ‘Pride and Prejudice’ (2005 version); ‘La La Land’ (2016); ‘When Harry Met Sally’ (1989); ‘Pretty Woman’(1990); ‘Dirty Dancing’ (1987); ‘Titanic’ (1997); ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ (1993); ‘The Wedding Singer’ (1998); Princess Bride (1987); and ‘Love Actually’ (2003). These movies are sure to make you laugh, cry, and dream of love.

Romantic movies that won’t disappoint