Class Elections

Back to Article
Back to Article

Class Elections

Officers Jaszmyne Mendoza (left), Brenna McCue (middle), and Connor Santo (right) are all excited to be in ASB.

Emily Baer, Staff Reporter

It’s that time of the year where the school year is drawing to a close and new class officers are selected. This year’s candidates promoted their campaigns in the best way that they could, each using their different skills and talents. Junior Amber Perry, who ran for senior class treasurer, hand painted her large money posters that promoted her election. These posters could be more accurately described as banners with their eye-catching size. Students admire the skill and dedication that Perry put into her banners.

Each candidate worked hard for elections. They promoted their campaign to the best of their ability, but in the end it all came down to the class votes. The votes were tallied up, and each of the class officers was announced. Next year’s sophomore officers include Jaron VanLeuven for president, Emma Washburn for vice president, Jazmyne Mendoza for publicity manager, Connor Santo for treasurer, and Kaylee Kraft for secretary. For the upcoming junior class, Shaylee Sullivan was elected for president, Erica Bergman for vice president, Madeline Lindholm for publicity manager, Kelsey Dearing for secretary, and Will Koskinen for Treasurer. The upcoming senior class elected Marlee Briggs for president, Tanner Hill for vice president, Cory Dearing for publicity Manager, Brenna McCue for secretary, and Amber Perry for treasurer.

“There wasn’t a variety of candidates for the upcoming junior class, so I thought it was a little unfair,” said sophomore Alexandra Cesca.

It is true that there was hardly more than one candidate running for the positions for each class. However, although the options were limited, each class has spoken and their candidates have been chosen. The new officers are excited to be a part of ASB next year. They look forward to being more a part of the school and helping their peer’s school experience to be a great one.

“I’m just really excited to be a part of ASB and getting the chance to meet and interact with others,” said sophomore Erica Bergman, junior vice president of the 2015-2016 school year.

The students have spoken, and now we have our officers for each class next year. They are very excited to be a part of ASB next year.

• Tomatalk Show

The Tomatalk Show

• Class Elections

2019

Perfect Prom assembly

• Class Elections

2019

All eyes on us

• Class Elections

News

News bits locally and from around the globe

• Arts & Entertainment

Deadly Challenges

• 2019

Shazam Movie

• 2019

Looking back at the boys soccer team

• Arts & Entertainment

Photography as an art definitely lives at our school

• 2019

Kamiakin FFA scores big at metal art contest

• Class Elections

Arts & Entertainment

Aquaman: Review

Class Elections