Sophomore volleyball: striving for victory

Back to Article
Back to Article

The sophomore volleyball team's Jada Doyle against the Hanford High School team Sept. 8

Madison Morgan

Madison Morgan

Madison Morgan

Madison Morgan, Editor-in-Chief

The sophomore volleyball team has only suffered one loss so far this season.

Teacher Tina Davis is the sophomore volleyball coach. She has been coaching the sophomore team for almost two years.

“I think it was a great game, even though we lost the second one. We came back the third game, and I think it’s good early in the season to have some of those losses, so that we can come back and we learn that we can come back from a game,” said Davis of the Sept. 8 game against Hanford.

This year’s roster consists of sophomores Lauren Burke, Ashley Vanvalkenburg, Libby Fletcher, Jada Doyle, Maleah Krieg, Jacqueline Munguia, Paetynn Bettinson, Lydia Crumpler, and Madison Washam. Freshman members include Makenna Morgan, Madie Harrell, and Yvanna Antonio.

“Our team goal was to be undefeated and I mean, if that happens great, but if it doesn’t, we want to win as many as we can,” said sophomore Libby Fletcher.

Team captains are freshman Makenna Morgan and sophomore Ashley Vanvalkenburg.

“These girls are bustin’ their butts,” said Davis. “We just continue to work hard and hopefully it drops in our favor.”

The team also managed to win against Pasco’s sophomore volleyball team Sept. 6.

“I just really want to improve my setting. And as a team goal, just win as many as possible,” said sophomore Maleah Krieg of her goals this season.

During the Sept. 15 game against Chiawana, the team struggled in the first set, losing by almost 10 points. During the second and third sets, the girls managed to work together to win the game.

The sophomore volleyball team hopes to continue winning their games, despite the loss they had versus Walla Walla Sept. 22.

• Tomatalk Show

The Tomatalk Show

• Sophomore volleyball: striving for victory

2019

Perfect Prom assembly

2019

All eyes on us

News

News bits locally and from around the globe

• Arts & Entertainment

Deadly Challenges

• 2019

Shazam Movie

• 2019

Looking back at the boys soccer team

• Arts & Entertainment

Photography as an art definitely lives at our school

• 2019

Kamiakin FFA scores big at metal art contest

Arts & Entertainment

Aquaman: Review