State football players: junior Garrett Paxton

Junior and kicker Garrett Paxton hugging senior Kaleb Rainsberry after Kamiakin's win against the Fighting Irish.

Taylor Hunzeker

Madison Morgan, Editor-in-Chief

“I played soccer up until eighth grade, and then I played wide receiver my freshman year, but I stopped…and just started kicking. My background in soccer really helped me out in the kicking aspect of it. I keep playing [football] for the team aspect of it. Kicking is fun, but I [play football] more for hanging out with the team. It’s really exciting being known throughout the state, everyone knowing about Kamiakin football is really cool. It’s in the community too. Being in the newspapers and on the news as a collective group and being able to represent that as a whole is pretty legit. [I’d like to] thank coach Scott Biglin and all the other coaches for really giving us the confidence and drive to go this far, because without them for sure we wouldn’t be able to bounce back from some losses we had this year and be the team that we have become. And also, to all the students who’ve come out to the games and support us, that really adds a sense of community towards everyone bonding over football. It’s been a really good season.”