State football players: senior Zach Borisch

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior and quarterback Zach Borisch (third row, third from the left) surrounded by fellow state players and athletic trainers.

Taylor Hunzeker

Taylor Hunzeker

Taylor Hunzeker

Madison Morgan, Editor-in-Chief

“I had great blocking to get into the end zone and it was an awesome feeling, but the game wasn’t over at that point. It was nothing compared to the game winning 4th and 1 stop. The touchdown gave us a chance to close the game with a defensive stop and that’s just what the defense did, what they had been doing all night and made an awesome stop to get us a win. [The] stadium was loud, hard to hear the snapcount. The game had all of us biting our nails. Overtime made the game all the more stressful but it also made the win so much more amazing. Walking onto the field was like I was in a dream and walking off the field with a win was living that dream. [Seniors Wyatt Musser, Jethro Questad, and I] always dreamed about [state] since we were little kids. It means everything to me to be able to finish my senior year with those guys by my side and with a win. It was bittersweet. Eleven years together, every game I’ve played has been with those guys but that last touchdown in overtime was the last snap I’m ever [going to] take with those guys. But we ended it the best way you can. I’ll never forget my team or the coaches. The memories we made will last forever. I’ll miss all the practices, summer workouts, and pasta feeds with the guys. I want to thank Coach Biglin the most for always pushing me and believing I would get the job done, even though at practice sometimes he would definitely show his disappointment in how bad of a day I was having. Never [going to] forget it. [Being a quarterback means] to always set an example as a leader. To not get down on one another and to encourage everyone when they need it. To rally up the troops when you need to fight back a little bit more to get the win. Football teaches you just about everything you need to know to succeed in life. Hard work, dedication, teamwork, leadership and about everything you can think of. It’s a part of me. Been doing it since I can remember. I knew that if we played the way we could, nothing would be able to stop us. Maher said if we won [the state championship] we’d go down as the best team ever in Kamiakin history. And there have been some good teams. Winning it for Coach Macafee and Coach Maher after all their hard years and dedication to Kamiakin was probably the most special. Thanks for all the support. Makes the memories that much sweeter.”