Looking back at the boys soccer team

Jorge Munguia, Staff Reporter

For the past 4 years, our soccer team has not only made it to state but has tied the schools recorded on best finish, losing to Snohomish 2-1 in the quarterfinals during the 2016/17 season. Since then they have been pushing for state trying to improve their recorded and get passed a “block” in the quarterfinals. Caden Egli, Kaden Shymanski , Jaden Eder and Lukas Schrimsher are ones of few soccer players to ever go there 3 years straight to the state Tournament. Going to state, this year would make it 4 years meaning since freshman to when they graduated, they never saw a season end on league game. “We’ve been best buds for several years and have grown up playing together. We have gone through thick and thin together and we know each other’s strengths and weaknesses. We push each other because we know that we are capable of so much.” said senior captain Caden Egli.

This year’s conference is a bit different because of the snow and Hermiston’s appearance in the league. There would only be seven league games and 7 preseason Games from a usual 14 league and 2 preseason game. This would put the MCC up for takes to any team. The braves would go on to start there season with Walla Walla and would lose by a score of 3-1. They now stand at a 2-1 playing Kennewick who’s been on a win streak beating two of the best teams in the conference.